The Lightbringer. The Norwesis's Chronicles + Review

 The Lightbringer. The Adventures of Silvjär Moonsfeld.




In "The Lightbringer," an encroaching darkness threatens to plunge the land into eternal twilight. Chosen by destiny, young Silvjär embarks on a dangerous quest to ignite the ancient beacon that holds power to banish the shadows and restore the sun's warming embrace.

Accompanied by the heartful giant Merrit and the whimsical faun Sylvanus, Silvjär's journey is fraught with challenges. Cryptic allies, deceitful enemies, and the whispers of a lonely dragon lurking in the shadows test their bonds and resolve.

Silvjär faces a test of faith and courage as the decisive moment approaches. Will the light prevail, or will darkness consume all? "The Lightbringer" is a tale of adventure, camaraderie, and the age-old struggle between light and darkness. Embark on a journey where the dimmest flicker of hope might be the brightest beacon.


*****

I am working on the draft version of my YA Epic Fantasy story, taking place in the mountains of Norwesis imaginary land.

I will most probably go for Indie Publishing.

The book has been already tested-read with a group of Beta Teenagers and received a very positive reaction, I made several corrections according to different remarks I got from them.

I am working on the cover and am trying to find an illustrator to do it ... i also contemplating the option of drawing it myself in a watercolor version.

I also have two more books in working process: 

- The Curse 

- The bloodstones of Power,

The two books are all in the Norwesis's Chronicles world.


REVIEW of the LIGHTBRINGER MADE BY RYLAN JONES (13 y.o.)


Review of Lightbringer

By Rylan Jones


When the protagonist finds a truffle on a table in his house, he doesn’t think much of it but after hearing strange voices and having a conversation with his master, he learns that he is destined to stop a race of shadow people from taking over control of the land during an eclipse that happens every four years and to insure the sun will re emerge again by lighting a special beacon. When he makes a potion out of the truffle, he is able to pass into the place where the beacon is, but he must travel through the realm of fantastic creatures and strange beasts. He rescues a fawn who introduces him to some other friends who also agree to go on the quest with him. After trekking through the forest, he meets a wizard who helps them a little bit and a guardian spirit who they help out by giving him some much needed company. They go into a cave where a gnome tries to fool them into giving him their stuff. The gnome is found out and takes the travelers to meet a beast who has gifted him with its scales, but before they reach the place where it dwells, they are ambushed by dark elves and get their possessions back, only because they won a battle of riddles. They finally meet the creature who turns out to be a dragon and he almost eats them but they trick him and escape. They rescue an owl after the wolf who is traveling with them hurts it, but are then captured by the shadow people and imprisoned. The shadow people get too overconfident and take the travelers outside for them to watch as the sun disappears and the shadows begin their rain over the land. The wolf and owl suddenly attack and then the gnome and dragon show up to help. In the chaos, our hero lights the beacon and the sun reappears so the shadows are defeated.

My favorite character is cobaltwyrm because he is cool and I like his personality. I am also a big fan of dragons in general so that also played into it. My favorite scene was when they were tricked by Jebeddo into thinking he was a monster or a powerful creature, although, merrits reaction to the spicy root that he was given in prison and his funny comments while in there came close second. I love the ending and everything is wrapped up as it should be and I like that the village never really found out what actually happened, but they knew the truth. The one thing that was a little off was that they promised to visit the guardian spirit but never came back to actually talk to him.

All in all, I love the book and it truly was your best one yet. 

I WANT A SEQUEL, I NEED YOU TO MAKE ANOTHER BOOK ABOUT THE LIGHTBRINGER!


Comments